What We Are
Cape Ivy is a Virginia-registered nonprofit corporation exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Less than 4% Overhead
The expenses of the organization primarily consist of manufacturing and shipping ponchos. These components account for approximately 96% of the organization’s expenses.
Cape Ivy implements several strategies to maintain low overhead costs. First, the organization operates entirely with volunteers, eliminating the need for paid staff. Second, we forgo the use of paid consultants, utilizing the expertise of dedicated volunteers instead. Finally, Cape Ivy avoids rental and utility expenses by utilizing the homes of the co-founders. These measures enable Cape Ivy to allocate a larger portion of its funds towards its core mission and initiatives.
The mission of Cape Ivy is possible due to the commitment and support of our donors, co-founders, Board members, business sponsors and grants.
- Conboy Foundation (CA) (2022 and 2023)
- Bama Works Fund of the Dave Matthews Band (Fall 2021, Spring 2023)
- Lions of Virginia Foundation (LOVF), including Crozet Lions Club, Rivanna Lions Club, Charlottesville Lioness Lions Club, and Charlottesville Host Lions Club (2022)
- Easterns Automotive Group community outreach program Helping Hands, a partnership with ABC7 in Washington, DC (2021)
- Party Parade Endowment Fund (2021 and 2022)
- Wawa Foundation (2023)
- Fortune 500 multinational company (2020 and 2023)
- Catchafire membership grant through Charlottesville Area Community Foundation (2020 – 2024)
- Google Ads
- Amazon Smile (thru May 2023)
- Friends and Family of Judy Crane Elliott McCoy
- Friends and Family of Ted Struble